The mother of a four-year-old boy from southern Sweden was stunned to learn that the toddler had stolen the keys to her car while she slept before crashing the vehicle into a pick-up truck.
While his mother slept soundly on Tuesday morning in their home in Gärsnäs, southern Sweden, the child carried out his daring auto theft and took to the streets.
Not long after, there was a knock at the front door of the woman’s house. Outside, a local shopkeeper was standing with the woman’s four-year-old, who had been found over 400 metres away after causing in a minor car accident.
“When she explained that my son had been out driving the car I thought it was a terrible joke at first. I couldn’t believe it was true,” the mother said.
The four-year-old travelled almost half a kilometre and succeeded in making three right turns before crashing into a truck, a journey that baffled the police and the boy’s mother.
“I have no idea how he managed, he’s never driven a car before,” she said. The boy’s mother was also shocked to learn that her son had even managed to get into the car, let alone drive it.
“I had the car keys in my jacket pocket and it was hanging so high that I thought he couldn’t reach it. But he did. Don’t ask me how, I was asleep,” the woman said.
Meanwhile, local police were bamboozled by the story, having never before encountered such a young and reckless driver before.
“It’s quite a feat to go 400-500 metres and make three right turns,” said Lars-Bertil Mårtensson of the local police.
The police have chosen not to report the incident to authorities, but are glad that no one was injured.
Police in Washington, D.C. are on the lookout for a 4ft tall suspect with a likely under-developed voice.
An unusual wanted ad posted by police in Washington, D.C. on Sunday night described their suspect as being merely 6 or 7 years old.
While with a group of boys described as being between the ages of 7 and 14, the child’s accused in connection to a robbery at a McDonald’s restaurant, though unlike any one attempted by the infamous Hamburglar.
According to police, a customer reported being approached by the group of boys on Sunday evening before a cell phone was taken.
The juvenile, weighing approximately 100 pounds – most likely overweight or obese, according to his estimated body mass index – was last seen wearing a white shirt and black shorts.
All of the boys successfully fled on foot from the address on Helen Burroughs Avenue.
None of the children are described as having been armed or dangerous.
An 8-year-old boy from Scotland has claimed a man who was looking after him bound his legs with sellotape and nailed him to the ceiling.
The boy said that James Menzies also zipped him inside a bag of tools and hung it from a nail for 20 minutes.
During the sellotape incident, he claimed Menzies punched him several times as he dangled upside down.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told a jury at Livingston Sheriff Court the blows hurt him.
He said he was freed by his 15-year-old brother after his alleged attacker went upstairs to the toilet.
He said: “My brother took off the sellotape and I ran upstairs to my bedroom.”
He estimated he had been suspended upside down for a minute during the bizarre assault.
The youngster, who gave his evidence via a video link, was aged between five and six when the alleged attacks took place. On the evening of the sellotape assault the boy said he was watching television with his brother.
He told the court: “Jim just came up to me. He was punching me. He got some sellotape from my mum’s drawer and he tied up my legs with it. The sellotape went from just about my knee down to my foot.
“He got hammers and nailed me up. He hung me upside down from the roof in the hall. Jim’s friend Brian and my brother were trying to stop him. When Jim went upstairs to the toilet, my brother helped me down from the ceiling because I was tied up. He got the sellotape off me.”
Two days later, he claimed Menzies shoved him into a bag and hung it from the living room ceiling.
He said: “He put me in a bag and nailed me up. It had all his tools in it. I was zipped up inside the bag and hung up for 20 minutes. My back was getting jagged by Jim’s hammer.
“The hammer head made a big mark on my back – a cut. I found a way out with Jim’s tools. I managed to get out. The couch was underneath me and I just jumped out on to the couch.”
The boy said he phoned his mother to tell her what had happened.
“She came straight home and kicked Jim out,” he said.
Menzies, 35, of East Whitburn, West Lothian, denies assaulting the boy by placing sellotape around his hands and feet, putting him in a bag, hanging the bag on the wall and repeatedly punching him on the body.
The offences are alleged to have been committed at a house in West Lothian on various occasions between August 1 and December 10, 2010.
A eight-year-old Australian boy sped off in the family’s ute and reached speeds of up to 100km/h because his mum wouldn’t let him have a pet duck.
West Wyalong Sgt Ken Dale said the boy was from a farm between West Wyalong and Grenfell in the Central West region of New South Wales, but couldn’t give too many other details because of the boy’s age.
Sgt Dale said the boy’s mother phoned police and followed her son as he drove on a public road.
Police were told he reached speeds of up to 100km/h (60 mph) before stopping after getting two flat tyres.
When police arrived at the scene the mother was with her son.
Sgt Dale said the boy was below the age of criminal responsibility and would not be charged.
“For an eight-year-old to drive a manual he’s done well but he was lucky,” Sgt Dale said.
Police have given the boy a warning and warned parents not to leave their keys in cars or easy to find places.
An 11-year-old boy drew a lot of attention on Wednesday morning when a police officer dropped him off at school shackled in handcuffs.
Some parents wonder if the officer escorting him went too far, but they might be surprised to know who called in the law in the first place.
Students and parents were outside Yeso Elementary School in Artesia, New Mexico, when the police car pulled up.
“I didn’t think anything was wrong until I noticed the police officer,” said one witness, who did not want to be identified.
“She got a little boy out of the backseat.”
The witness said she and others were shocked to see the 11-year-old boy was handcuffed and being escorted into the school by the officer.
“He wasn’t looking up; he was very sad,” the witness recalled. “He didn’t think it was a joke or anything. He was very sad. I felt awful. I felt angry that they were doing that to him.”
But according to the police report, the boy’s own mother and grandmother called police saying the child refused to go to school.
The responding officer found the boy hiding on a playground slide. The report states the child was belligerent and refused to come down from the slide.
The officer went up the slide, restrained him and then placed him in the patrol car.
The police report quotes the mother as telling the officer to “be mean and yell … to teach him a lesson and scare him.”
The mother asked the officer to take the boy to school in cuffs, according to the report.
Still, some witnesses said it wasn’t right.
“It was way too far,” one said. “I mean we’re supposed to be good parents, encouraging our kids, be there for them, not to humiliate them in front of their peers.”
The school principal said what happened was out of the school’s control, and they had nothing to do with it.
School officials said they’re doing their own investigation as to why the child was brought to school in that manner. They also said safety is of the utmost importance and that no student was ever in danger.
Artesia police would not comment on the matter pending an internal investigation.
News video HERE
A Catholic priest from Oregon found himself in trouble after he allegedly fondled a 12-year-old boy during a sleepover.
Just before midnight Sunday,
James Curths was hosting a barbecue, Just before midnight on Sunday a 12-year-old boy ran up to them begging for help, saying that a man was chasing him.
At about that time, Curths says he saw a man come around the corner wearing only a Speedo. That man was Rev. Angel Armando Perez, pastor of St. Luke Catholic Church, and the 46-year-old was trying to wave the boy over to him.
Curths said the boy was scared to death and hid behind him, telling him the man in the speedo had touched his privates.
“He was staring at us,” said 28-year-old Heather Rodriguez, Curths’ sister-in-law. “Then he stood there with his hands on his hips like, ‘You’re really not going to give him to me?’”
Perez didn’t run away until after Curths told him they were calling police. They took the boy to his sister’s house where the boy repeated what he told Curths; that Perez had touched his privates.
When police interviewed the boy he gave them a detailed account of what happened that night.
He said that after a community church event he was to spend the night with Perez before going on a trip with him to the mountains. He said that Perez gave him a beer and they watched a movie before Perez set up an air mattress for him to sleep on.
After he fell asleep, the boy said he woke up to some flashes and found that his shorts and underwear had been pulled down to his knees and that his penis was in the loving hand of Perez, who was using the other to film his activities with an iPhone.
The boy said that Perez, who was only wearing underwear and a t-shirt, got up and walked upstairs while he immediately began gathering his things to leave.
Moments later, Perez came back down and lay on the air mattress telling the boy to come back to bed. The boy decided he’d had enough of his priest tugging on his penis so he ran out a side door with Perez in hot pursuit.
The boy said he kept running until he saw Curths outside of his home.
Shortly after all of this happened, Perez showed up at the door of the boy’s parents. He was drunk and begging for forgiveness.
According to the affidavit, Prez dropped to his knees and apologized for breaking their trust and molesting their 12-year-old boy, stating, “I am very sorry, I made a mistake.”
Perez went on to tell the family not to let his actions damage their faith.
“I am just one who serves in the church, and I have sinned,” he reportedly said. ‘Don’t stop believing in the church.”
He would not leave the home until the boy’s mother forgave him for massaging her boy’s penis as he slept. I’m not sure if she did or not, but Perez finally left the home stating, ”This is the last time you will see me.”
When police picked up Perez he told them that he had too much too drink that night at the church event. He says he remembers giving the boy a beer and watching a movie with him, but that he blacked out.
He only remembers walking upstairs to brush his teeth and coming back down to see a look of ”disappointment and anger” on the boy’s face.
Conveniently, he has no recollection of filming himself tugging on a 12-year-old boy’s dick.
Perez was arrested and charged with sexual abuse, abuse of a child in the display of sexually explicit conduct, furnishing alcohol to a minor and DUI.
Download and read the affidavit HERE.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has launched an investigation after reports that an eight-year-old boy in England put his neighbour’s cat into a microwave and turned it on.
The owner claimed that he was upstairs in his home in Rochester when he heard the microwave being used.
After coming downstairs, the owner found his neighbour’s eight-year-old son had put the cat in the microwave and was standing watching it inside.
The incident was reported to the RSPCA on Saturday and officers are now looking into the case.
The owners of the cat took it to the People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals charity for treatment and it is recovering but may have permanent internal damage to its organs from the microwave.
RSPCA inspector Ray Bailey said: “This was an absolutely horrendous incident and all the more shocking because of the alleged involvement of such a young child.”
As the child is under the age of ten, the RSPCA and the police are unable to prosecute him.
However Inspector Bailey has contacted the Youth Offending Team at Medway Police Station and Social Services regarding the incident.
RSPCA senior prosecutions case manager Terry Stroud said: “This is clearly shocking incident and one that the RSPCA feels certainly needs to be investigated by the appropriate authorities to find out why this happened and to work to prevent this kind of cruelty happening again.”
The RSPCA has had to prosecute 82 juveniles over the past three years, for offences including kicking a hedgehog to death, kicking guinea pigs to death and stealing a pet chicken before torturing her and ripping her head off.
The organisation has also carried out research into the reasons why young people harm animals. It showed that in the majority of cases the parents showed no concern about the harm to animals and the young people showed no remorse.
The RSPCA said it is pushing for tougher penalties for those who commit the most serious crimes against animals.
A 13-year-old boy from Washington state with a troubling criminal history is facing felony charges that he crawled out of a minivan he had been driving and into a racy coffee stand and groped the barista before fleeing down Interstate 82.
Police are taking the case seriously given his recent history, including a conviction last year for animal cruelty, and that he was already facing an indecent liberties charge for allegedly attacking a woman last year at a Toppenish church.
“The fact pattern here is disturbing,” said Lt. Mike Merryman, a spokesman for the Yakima Police Department. “His recent past, especially the animal case, really raises red flags.”
The latest incident took place at 7:45 a.m. Sunday at Moulin Brew, a coffee stand at 2412 S. First St. that features scantily clad baristas who perform suggestive dances called “Five Dollar Hollers.”
Merryman said the boy drove up alone in his mother’s minivan and paid for coffee as well as “multiple” Five Dollar Hollers, at which point police say he crawled through the window into the coffee stand and began groping the lone barista on duty.
Police said the barista fought off the boy and grabbed a phone, prompting him to crawl back out the way he came and drive off south. A Yakima County sheriff’s deputy arrested him about 20 minutes later after spotting the minivan on I-82 near Toppenish.
On Wednesday prosecutors charged the boy with first-degree burglary and indecent liberties. Unlike previous visits to the Juvenile Justice Center in Yakima, this time he’s being held on $100,000 bail. The Yakima Herald-Republic is withholding his name due to his age. No family members attended the hearing.
According to court records, the boy has had a growing and troubling history over the past 18 months.
In February 2011, while hanging out with friends after school, he picked up a Chihuahua mix and hurled it 15 or 20 feet in the air, breaking its leg. A veterinarian reset the bone, and the dog was placed in the foster care of a compassionate school official.
On May 13, 2011, before the animal cruelty case was resolved, he was caught breaking into a neighbor woman’s home. He pleaded guilty to charges of residential burglary and second-degree animal cruelty, and was sentenced to a total of 31 days in juvenile custody.
In November he was arrested again, this time for car theft. Sentenced to 22 days in custody, he was already free when he allegedly attacked a 37-year-old woman on Jan. 30 at St. Aloysius Catholic Church in Toppenish.
In that incident, the woman told police the boy grabbed her while she was alone in the church, resulting in a protracted struggle during which he repeatedly groped her breasts before she fended him off.
According to prosecutors, the Toppenish attack was scheduled for adjudication later this month.
With two indecent liberties cases now pending, the boy’s next court date is Aug. 16.
The owners of Moulin Brew did not return a call seeking comment.
Merryman said he was not surprised to hear the barista left town.
“That would be enough to make you rethink your profession,” he said. “It’s all fun and games until something like that happens.”
Alicia Anne Croney, 24, was arrested on Sunday for child abuse after police allege she repeatedly struck her 5-year-old son with a plastic bag full of glass shards.
She claimed that the incident was punishment for his playing video games when he was not supposed to be.
Croney told police that she removed a bag filled with broken glass from a jar that had shattered earlier in the day and proceeded to hit him “lightly” with it.
The impact reportedly caused the boy to begin screaming and bleeding profusely, however, and she opted to bring him to the hospital for his wounds.
Doctors needed to perform surgery to repair the deep gashes in his legs, and they subsequently notified police due to the severity and depth of the injuries.
Croney was booked into Tulsa jail, her bail set at $50,000.
The parents of a UK teenager who burgled a school have taken his clothes away to stop him from leaving the house and getting into more trouble.
The 13-year-old and two friends, who cannot be named for legal reasons, broke into the Grange Junior School, in Franklin Road, Gosport.
Fareham’s youth court heard how the trio tripped an alarm which alerted the school’s caretaker.
Prosecutor David Olley told the court what the caretaker found when he got to the school: ‘The staff room had been targeted and it looked as if it had been ransacked. The teachers’ locker doors were all opened up, in the kitchen area all the drawers and the fridge had been opened.’
Contents had been rifled through and several items were stolen including DVDs, pens and pencils, a swimming pool rescue rope and a £10 note.
The 13-year-old, from Gosport, was identified from a fingerprint left on a door during the break in on July 1.
Stephen Bentley, defending, said the youngster’s parents had already grounded the boy and stopped him from taking a summer holiday to his grandparents.
He added: ‘Since the incident his parents have taken quite strong action against him and continue to do so. They’ve stopped his pocket money and taken his clothes away from him, apart from his underwear, so he physically can’t go out and see the other boys.’
Both parents were also in court.
His mother admitted ‘he has had some pretty major blips’ and added: ‘We have let him have his pyjamas too.’
District Judge Anne Arnold gave him a three month referral order and ordered him to pay £85 costs and £10 compensation.
She said: ‘You’ve spoilt everyone’s summer as well as your own.’
The boy’s mother will pay the fine, but he will work it off through doing household chores.
The other two have already been given official reprimands.